Brivo is looking for a creative, passionate, and skilled Software Engineer to design and develop new web services for a global security system serving millions of users. As part of the Partner Portal Team at Brivo, you will work with people who are dedicated to creating a great customer experience, focused on quality in every aspect of their work, and are constantly seeking to learn and improve. Our best engineers are adept at picking up new things, enjoy solving challenging problems, speak up, and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
For this role, we are seeking candidates that are open to traveling to our Bethesda, MD office 1-2 times a quarter (every three months).
In this role you are expected:
- Code 80-90% of your time, designing solutions, and participating in code reviews
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to design and deliver high-quality features to production
- Work within an Agile team to complete code reviews, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and feature reviews
- Partner with team leads to support the company's mission through architectural and technical improvement while taking ownership of the applications you work on
About The Team
The Brivo Partner Portal team is critical for Brivo’s success. Our team provides a single platform and friendly user experience to our dealers by maintaining up-to-date information about their customers, creating end user accounts, configuration for doors, panels, and other smart devices.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience with React/Typescript and MaterialUI in production applications showcasing front end best practices and design patterns
- Working experience with React 16+
- Front end testing frameworks such as Jest or Testing-Library
- Experience in both functional and object-oriented programming languages
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Ability to integrate with RESTful APIs endpoints to fetch and display data
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with front end and backend problems
Optional experience to make you stand out
- C# Web API, C# MVC / Razor Views
- Jquery, SQL (Snowflake, MSSqlserver, Postres)
Brivo is the global leader in mobile, cloud-based access control for commercial real estate, multifamily residential, and large distributed enterprises. Our comprehensive product ecosystem and open API provide businesses with powerful digital tools to increase security automation, elevate employee and tenant experience, and improve the safety of all people and assets in the built environment. Having created the category over twenty years ago, our building access platform is now the digital foundation for the largest collection of customer facilities in the world, trusted by more than 25 million users occupying over 300M square feet of secured space in 42 countries.
Our dedication to simply better security means providing the best technology and support to property owners, managers, and tenants as they look for more from buildings where they live, work, and play. Our comprehensive product suite includes access control, smart readers, touchless mobile credentials, visitor management, occupancy monitoring, health and safety features, and integrated video surveillance, smart locks, and intercoms. Valued for its simple installation, high-reliability backbone, and rich API partner network, Brivo also has the longest track record of cybersecurity audits and privacy protections in the industry.
Brivo is privately held and headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Learn more at
Brivo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Powered by JazzHR