Software Engineer (L5) - Game Platform Developer Performance Tools
You may have seen the news that Netflix is getting into gaming; this is your chance to be a key part of it! We are a growing team building a cloud platform that aims to bring Netflix games to our subscribers on a variety of devices beyond mobile phones.
We are looking for an engineer specializing in identifying and building developer workflows and tooling who will serve as a key contributor to creating the suite of tools that make fast iteration and development of games for our platform a delight.
- Help define, scope, and plan development of game developer tools
- Build new tools and integrate existing development tools to work with our platform
- Focus on tools that provide game developers with actionable performance insights
This role is a fit if you:
- Take pride in building high-quality tools for developers
- Love working on early stage projects where your contributions make a big difference
- Thrive in an environment with lots of context and minimal guidance
- Enjoy collaborating with engineers across functional teams
- Are a self-starter with excellent communication skills
- 8+ years experience with game development tools
- Experience with game development engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Experience with GPU performance optimization
Nice to have:
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - 700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.