Software Engineer L4 - Growth Experiences
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At Netflix, our mission is to Entertain the World. Over 230 million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but much of our growth still lies ahead.
Our team is part of an organization that is responsible for continuously improving the customer lifecycle and driving the growth of Netflix’s subscriber base . Our work helps users discover Netflix, sign up for Netflix, and maintain their Netflix service. We measure our team's success in the company's quarterly revenue.
We are a cross-platform UI Engineering team that develops products on iOS, Android, TV and Web, and we are looking for a product-focused web engineer who is passionate about building great user interfaces and contributing to an adaptable, inclusive team.
As a member of the Growth Experiences team,
- You will be responsible for the primary entry points across the Web platforms for new and rejoining members as Netflix continues to expand globally
- You will build high performing products by partnering closely with the UX design, Backend Engineering and Product Management teams
- You will rapidly innovate on and A/B test new concepts that improve our core acquisition and retention metrics
Check out our Growth Engineering Panel discussion to learn more about the team
What sets you apart?
- Passionate about building high-impact, high-performing user experiences
- Curious about technology, product experiences and how they work together
- Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers and designers
- Seek out other opinions to further yours
What skills are important to us? We value aptitude over experience but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team:
- Effectively communicate complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences
- Partnering with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, Backend Engineering)
- Building engaging UIs through A/B testing and write testable code that allows us to ship high quality features
- Able to produce production-ready code independently, proactively, and with minimal guidance in a highly collaborative team setting.
- Big impact - Opportunity to impact products that tens of millions of customers use every single day
- Data driven - We use A/B testing to drive feature and product decisions
- Speed - We move quickly and iterate rapidly, taking ideas from concept to reality in weeks, not months
- Growth - Learn from other selfless leaders around you, and mentor others
- Stunning colleagues - Work with amazing talent on every project
- Inclusive - We embrace different backgrounds, perspectives, and styles because it helps us make better decisions
- Distinctive culture - we live by our values, learn more about our unique culture