Software Engineer 4 - Content Engineering (UI)
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At Netflix, our mission is to Entertain the World. We deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to more than 247 million members in over 190 countries. Content Engineering builds the products and services used by our internal and external partners to create, launch, and promote our global content. Our products enable the entire workflow of content production, from pitch to play, and provide innovative new ways to develop and manage entertainment at scale.
You'll have a direct impact on how the Netflix studio creates and promotes shows on a global scale. With an increasing slate of original content being produced every year, our products manage billions of dollars worth of content-spend.
We need your help to build the technologies that allow us to scale our efforts across the globe, and do so effectively and efficiently!
- Work cross-functionally to build new services, tools and data models to operationalize our workflows at scale.
- Participate in product reviews and team meetings, providing technical insight. Help scope, estimate, and prioritize between conflicting needs.
- Evaluate new technologies and approaches to streamline and improve our rapid application development tooling and conventions.
- Regularly learn new systems and tools as the Netflix platform and ecosystem evolves.
- Participate in our on-call rotation and contribute to incident reviews.
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Are curious about product experiences and motivated to understand how our work impacts our users.
- Love brainstorming with fellow Backend and UI engineers, product designers, product managers, and directly with our users, to understand what they want, figure out what they really need, and finally, what we should build.
- Can deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance. You also recognize when you're wrong, learning from your mistakes and moving past them.
- Are selfless and willing to flex across the stack or into a new domain to help a teammate when needed, never thinking “that’s someone else’s job”.
- Strive to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve.
We would love to work with you if you:
- Are passionate about building intuitive user interfaces in close partnership with UX Designers.
- Have in-depth knowledge of web performance and accessibility.
- Have hands-on experience with deployment in a cloud environment.
- Have a strong sense of independence, bias towards action, and inclination for collaboration. We live by our values, learn more about our unique culture here.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.