Front End Developer
Specialist I - Software Engineering
Who We Are
Born digital, UST transforms lives through the power of technology. We walk alongside our clients and partners, embedding innovation and agility into everything they do. We help them create transformative experiences and human-centered solutions for a better world.
UST is a mission-driven group of over 29,000+ practical problem solvers and creative thinkers in over 30+ countries. Our entrepreneurial teams are empowered to innovate, act nimbly, and create a lasting and sustainable impact for our clients, their customers, and the communities in which we live.
With us, you’ll create a boundless impact that transforms your career—and the lives of people across the world.
Visit us at UST.com .
UST is searching for a Front-End Developer who will systematically develop and promote technology solutions ensuring the developed solution meets both functional and non – non-functional requirements.
- Works directly with our highly collaborative team of Technical Solution Architect, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, DevOps and Quality Assurance to design and implement React features to deliver business value for our large-scale enterprise projects
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys, and supports API-based systems focusing on industry best practices with a cloud-first emphasis.
- Define, direct, and oversee all work on the migration of Angular JS components to React.
- Help Solution and direct new React features associated with ongoing release work
- Facilitate training of resources in React methodology and best practices
- Implements timely decisions on complicated technical problems.
- Manages individual tasks and timelines with an ability to work without direct supervision.
- Seeks continuous quality improvements for supported systems
- Participates in peer code reviews
- Assists in troubleshooting production issues and new build deployments
- Contributes to documentation of technical architecture and systems for product
- Identifies issues and risks within available information and adapts solutions accordingly
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
What You Need
- 10+ years of software engineer experience or BS in an IT-related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years with AngularJS and React JS experience including solving
- Proficiency in multiple tools of the full stack covering frontend frameworks, databases, and deployments
- Experience with a variety of general programming languages - Preferably Java/Groovy/Grails
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience with a variety of database technologies
- Experience with providing Technical Training
- Experience with containerization
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Advanced ability to solve complex problems, drawing upon creativity, experience, and multiple sources of information
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward manner
- Proficiency with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and development practices (Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development)
Compensation can differ depending on factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, education, and level of experience. As required by local law, UST provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City, or Washington as set forth below.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for Role
Our full-time, regular associates are eligible for 401K matching, and vacation accrual and are covered from day 1 for paid sick time, healthcare, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance benefits. Depending on the role, some associates may also be eligible for stock options.
What We Believe
We’re proud to embrace the same values that have shaped UST since the beginning. Since day one, we’ve been building enduring relationships and a culture of integrity. And today, it's those same values that are inspiring us to encourage innovation from everyone to champion diversity and inclusion and to place people at the center of everything we do.
We will listen, learn, be empathetic, and help selflessly in our interactions with everyone.
Through business, we will better the lives of those less fortunate than ourselves.
We honor our commitments and act with responsibility in all our relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UST is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UST reserves the right to periodically redefine your roles and responsibilities based on the requirements of the organization and/or your performance.